How many times have you gone to buy a basketball pump only to not find one that fits your needs? It can often be a confusing process, especially if you are not sure what you’re looking for. When you’re looking to buy a basketball pump, you likely have different needs than someone who plays only once a week. However, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t a variety of basketball pumps on the market that can meet anyone’s needs. The problem is knowing which ones are right for you.
If you’re looking for a basketball pump for the regular season, whether you play in a pickup game with friends or you’re the only one on your team, you probably have specific needs. However, if you’re looking for something that can handle a full-time regimen, there are a few things you need to consider.
What are the different types of basketball pumps?
There are a few different types of basketball gear. There are the floor models, tripod-style basketball pneumatic equipment, and portable basketball gear. The three different types of equipment are as follows:
- Floor Models
- Tripod Pneumatic Basketball Equipment
- Portable Basketball Pneumatic Equipment
What should you look for in a basketball pump?
When you are looking for a basketball pump, you should consider your needs and what you would use the basketball pump for. There are certain things that you should look for in a basketball pump, so you can make sure it will meet your needs.
- A sturdy base – A good floor model pump should have a sturdy base to go on the ground. This base should be weighted to stay put, not move around while you are playing. When you are on uneven ground, the base will stay put, allowing you to easily move the equipment around.
- A durable construction – A good floor model basketball pump should be built to last. It should be constructed from durable materials such as steel or aluminium. Durable construction means that the floor model will be able to stand up to the wear and tear of regular use.
- A lightweight construction – A good portable basketball pump should be lightweight enough to be mobile. It shouldn’t be too heavy for you to carry, but heavy enough to keep the equipment stable. Stable equipment means that you won’t have to exert as much pressure when shooting. This can lead to more consistent shots and a better basketball net.
- A comfortable handle – A good floor model basketball pump should have a comfortable handle. It should be ergonomically shaped to fit comfortably in your hand. This will allow you to easily apply the appropriate amount of pressure that you need. When you must apply a lot of pressure when shooting, this can lead to a sore hand and possibly injury.